Martin to appear at your book club
- Adam looks back to Paradise Dogs as a time when
he was perfectly happy. Is there a golden moment, a “Paradise” in
your own life, you long to return to?
- Is it ever possible to unbungle our previous
bungles or do we only end up making things worse?
- Adam has made a mess of his own life, and yet he
seems to be able to step in and magically set things right in other
people’s lives. Why is this so?
- Is Adam better off or worse off being out of
- Kathleen believes a substance called Opoyo
refracts or retards communication. How does the inability to
communicate form a theme in this book?
- Are developers such as Walt Disney good for or
harmful to places such as Florida?
- When Addison asks to kiss Kathleen, she says it
would be “a mistake.” Do you think it is a mistake? What will the
consequences be when they confront Kean?
- Will Adam’s marriage to Lily be a happy one?
- Addison does not like stories with happy endings
because he feels they are dishonest since life does not have a happy
ending. Adam believes this is precisely why stories should have happy
endings. Whom do you agree with?